Desktop EDA's Alibre IDF Modeler allows electronics designers to create an Alibre 2012 Design Pro assembly from a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design via IDF files. This product offers a faster and more accurate alternative to using DXF to transfer data between ECAD PCB Tools and Alibre 2012.
With Alibre 2012 Design Pro, assemblies of PCB designs can be joined with mechanical hardware for clearance checks. Parts can also be simply replaced with accurate 3D models for a photo finish design presentation. As an engineering workhorse, this solution allows PCB designers vast visibility in skyline issues and profile options when incorporating MCAD models from various systems that export STEP data.
IDF Modeler works hand in hand with Alibre Design Pro to create the parts and assemblies but any MCAD system capable of importing and exporting STEP and others, can still be utilized in the design process.
This EDA Solution can save $1,000's over captive expensive EDA ECAD/MCAD licensing.
IDF is an industry standard supported by most PCB CAD tools.
Works in conjunction with Alibre 2012 PE edition or 32-bit Alibre Pro or Expert.
- Free 15 day trial available (register and login to download)
- Easy to use
- Imports IDF versions 2 and 3
- Places native user defined Parts into an Alibre 2012 assembly
- Auto creation of parts if no Alibre part available
- Part filtering by Designator or Part name
- Hole filtering by type and size
- Fully supports all IDF features
- Combined with Alibre Design Pro, use of DXF and STEP imports/exports offer even greater document and modeling capabilities
- Tested with IDF data from Altium, Cadence, Mentor, ORCAD, PADS, P-CAD, Protel and Zuken
- OS - Windows XP, Win 32
- Works with Alibre 2012 32-bit versions only.
3D PDF viewing info: Left mouse-rotate, R/L mouse together - pan, Middle mouse wheel- Zoom. Must click to Activate the viewer. Use Model tree to turn off 3D parts items or change transparency.